One step at a time

Saturday 24 January 2015

First Post Op Visit - Orthodontist

Saturday 24 January 2015 20:32 Posted by Pixie No comments
I had my first post op appointment with the ortho yesterday, one week exactly since my SARPE surgery. 

We had a quick chat about how I was doing and what the surgery day was like then he had a look at mouth. He said everything was healing very well and my oral hygiene was great! Such good news to hear. I've been making sure I brush after every meal and I've been rinsing with a mouth wash the surgeon prescribed every 4-5 hrs!

My ortho said he wants me to continue turning the expander once a day for the next few weeks. He will be away on a conference in the next couple of weeks so I'll see him once he gets back. However, if I have any concerns before he leaves I'm free to come see him. He said that my upper is really narrow so a lot of expansion is required, he wants me to turn it approx 30 times but we'll have to see what the results are. I have noticed some difference between the way my bite is now compared to before and I can't wait to see how different it will be once I finish turning. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment