One step at a time

Wednesday 14 January 2015

RPE - Day 1

Wednesday 14 January 2015 00:21 Posted by Pixie , No comments
I had the RPE put in yesterday after having the spacers in for about 3 days or so. The experience was so quick and much more pleasant than I'd expected, it must also be because of the awesome assistants and my ortho! The process took about 10-15 mins, start to finish. I had the moulds done back in December 2014 - and the SARPE surgery probably would've already been done if it weren't for the Christmas break.

So, day 1, its definitely uncomfortable, especially not being able to eat without food being stuck to the expander. Its also a little sore when I bite or chew. There are these hooks on both sides which have been scrapping the insides of my mouth, so uncomfortable. I've also developed a lisp, I hav trouble saying "you", or anything with "uuooh" sounds. Thankfully my work doesn't require much speaking. 

My SARPE surgery is scheduled in for this coming Friday - 16th of Jan. I'm extremely nervous but I know I'm in good hands. My oral surgeon is renown in his field and I've actually heard of him before when I was looking into jaw surgery in the past. It'll also be my first time under anaesthesia as well as my first time staying overnight in hospital. Wish me luck guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment